As you look through my various posts on the Make It Happen blog, I think the word generous could be (or is) used in all of the experiences I have shared. However, it was at a recent 1/2 day conference with @IABCSeattle where I heard the word in action, and it really hit home. The word was used in the context of engagement via the emerging (or now established) social technology tools. It was used by Shauna Causey, a PR Manager for Comcast in the Seattle area. After getting to know Shauna just a bit over the last couple months, and seeing the tremendous amount that she does for others in the "social media" space, it was fitting to have her use the word generous. So, this post is about how through her generosity, she has Made It Happen.
As I started to dive into social media, and began connecting with local people I saw Shauna’s name come up a lot in the Seattle area. In fact, I discovered that she was a member of the same local community (West Seattle). By following her on Twitter I have had the opportunity to learn a lot through the things she shares with the twitter community. Over time, I also noticed that her involvement in the social space was not limited to her role at Comcast, but extended to non-profits and groups like @SMCSeattle @TwestivalSEA and @Voluntweetup. Given my involvement with non-profit groups I reached out to see if I could get feedback on where to start and how to approach and maintain a social strategy with non-profits. Without hesitation, she willingly agreed to meet with me, answer my questions and share her insights. From this I have been able to formulate some thoughts and structure to help the group(s) I work with.
To say that Shauna is generous might be the biggest understatement ever..anyone that knows her and is reading this is likely shaking their heads in agreement. From my interactions with her she has been a great example of generosity, through her giving of time and talents. What inspires me the most about Shauna is that she is consistent in her message about being generous, especially when it come social media. I have had the chance to see or hear her speak at a few other events and she is continually driving this point home. What I love about this is that it clearly extends beyond social media, it is a core value of life and leadership….be generous, help others be successful and good things will happen.
Thanks Shauna for being so generous and Making It Happen!
To say that Shauna is generous might be the biggest understatement ever..anyone that knows her and is reading this is likely shaking their heads in agreement. From my interactions with her she has been a great example of generosity, through her giving of time and talents. What inspires me the most about Shauna is that she is consistent in her message about being generous, especially when it come social media. I have had the chance to see or hear her speak at a few other events and she is continually driving this point home. What I love about this is that it clearly extends beyond social media, it is a core value of life and leadership….be generous, help others be successful and good things will happen.
Thanks Shauna for being so generous and Making It Happen!
0 comments:
Post a Comment